Who would I call for an Ambulance or the Fire Department?
The Ramsey Police Department dispatches all of the Borough’s emergency services including Ambulance, Fire and Rescue. The number to call is 201-327-2400. In emergency situations you simply dial 9-1-1
How do I go about getting a copy of a police report?
After any report is taken by a Police Officer it goes through a number of stages before it’s available for release. It must be reviewed and approved by a Supervisor and then forwarded to the Records Room for processing. Once it has been processed in Records it is given a special number. As a result we ask that you give the process 7 to 10 work days before requesting a report. You may do so in person, in writing or through discovery. The usual fee for a police report is $1.00 per page.
What is the ordinance regarding snow removal?
According to Borough Ordinance 17-1.5, Snow removal from all sidewalks in the Borough must be completed within 24 hours of the last snowfall. The ordinance requires the removal of snow for the entire width of the sidewalk and does not limit the responsibility to the “owner” of the property. It reads: “Owner, Occupant or Tenant”. Finally it also reads that the sidewalks are to be kept clear of snow until the next snowfall.
Is there an overnight parking ordinance?
Yes there is. Parking a car or truck on the street overnight (between 2 AM and 6 AM) on any day is a violation as it interferes with snow removal as well as the street sweeping chores of the Borough.
How do I apply for a firearms ID card?
Step 1. Click the link on our homepage under (Forms/Downloads).
Step 2. Click the PDF link for “Firearms Applicants.”
Step 3. Print out ALL of the forms, complete and submit them to P.O. Fiore at Ramsey Police Headquarters.
What do I do if I have a specific traffic complaint like speeding on my street?
Another good question! Traffic complaints are forwarded to our Traffic Division. Please check the “Downloads” page of this site for a “Traffic Service” form. Download the form, fill it in and mail it to or drop it off at Ramsey Police Headquarters. Please include your name and address on the form as anonymous complaints are very hard to investigate and complete. Depending on their severity, Traffic Complaints may be considered “Quality of Life” issues and VERY high on our priority list.
1. The application, borough ordinance, and fingerprint form can be printed by clicking on the link provided.
2. Packets can also be picked up inside the Ramsey Police Department.
3. The application must be completed in its entirety and returned to the Ramsey Police Department.
4. Applicants must schedule their own date and time when submitting for fingerprinting.
5. A case number must be assigned prior to fingerprinting.
6. Photographs of the applicant will be taken if no other form of photo ID is provided.
7. Licenses will be issued by the Borough of Ramsey (borough clerk) once ALL the required paperwork has been received.
8. Both the business and EACH massage therapist needs to obtain a license from the Boroguh
9. See application for further details and fees.
10. Any question please contact Detective Szelag
(201) 327-2400 or email@example.com.